Wednesday 5 June 2019

Augmented reality

Augmented reality or AR is likely to be one of the next "big things". Virtual objects are overlaid on a view of the real world to portray extra information or just for fun. The latter is the case with Apple's Mac Pro AR utility to advertise their new computer. AR is used to let you see how their new computer would "look" on your desk using your phone's camera.

However I thought it would be more interesting to take my virtual Mac Pro for a walk around the business park at lunchtime. The technology is really interesting and it would be cool to try developing something with AR one day, it will probably have to wait until I get my next computer though as my ancient Macbook is a bit wheezey these days. My next computer won't be a Mac Pro though due to cost (unless I win the lottery)...