Sunday 1 March 2020

Bow Brickhill

A number of the stations on the Marston Vale line between Bletchley and Bedford have intriguing names like Aspley Guise and Kempston Hardwick. One thing i would love to do one day would be to write a 1920s set detective story where the main characters are named after stations on the line. Aspley Guise would probably be the keen amateur detective.

As for Bow Brickhill well I suspect he would be the police inspector, a solid if unimaginative middle aged man whom Aspley loves to torment. Well anyway I went to Bow Brickhill yesterday (i believe my first ever train trip on February 29th) and it is a fine little village on the outskirts of Milton Keynes. I walked up to the church, the path was very steep but it was worth it for the church was fine and the view too. Red Bull Racing have their factory and base in Bow Brickhill too. You can see my photos here.