Knowle Parish Church, dedicated to St John the Baptist St Lawrence and St Anne, dates from the early fifteenth century. Foundations of the chapel were laid in 1396 with the church consecrated in 1402 . The church was a daughter church of the church in Hampton-in-Arden and did not become a parish in it's own right until 1858.
The original church was a simpler affair with a bell-cote and no South aisle. The bell tower, a South aisle, vestries and a longer chancel were added to the church. The church grew as the village of Knowle (originally Cnolle) itself grew in size. The church was restored in 1860 and also in 1900 when an organ loft was added.
 Nikolaus Pevsner & Alexandra Wedgwood, The Buildings of England: Warwickshire (Penguin, 1966) p. 339