Saturday 13 January 2024

The realisation of a dream

Being a "book" person (with over a thousand non-fiction books in my collection alone) all my life, i guess i have always fancied being an author since childhood. Of course i am an author of this and other blogs, but being the author of a "proper" dead tree book from a recognised publisher is another level.

Well in mid 2022 i was approached by Amberley to produce a railway book. The agreed subject turned out to be on the railways of Birmingham and how they have changed over the last ten years or so. The book is mostly pictorial though with captions i have written which are hopefully fairly informative. The book was completed last year and is finally due to be released next month. Today i received my complimentary copies and my longterm dream is now coming true.

To be honest it is quite a surreal experience holding a printed and bound book in my hands which i have written and includes my photography. Maybe i am a bit biased but i think it has come out really well. You can order the book here, or in all good bookshops of course.