Saturday 13 July 2024

Deblogification begins

After a number of years of heavy duty blogging on a number of blogs, including this one of course, i have decided to cut back my blogging activity dramatically. Indeed, i plan to only keep updating this one in the long-term. I am going to replace the other blogs with sections of my new web site, starting with the Calling At stations blog which had it's last update this week. Going forward, new stations and updates will only appear on my Railway stations website.

There are a number of reasons for this process of deblogification (is that a word?) Blogger only really changes for the worst, making things harder or more tedious to do. I also do not have as much control over the blog, even with a lot of CSS customisation, as i do over my own website. Plus, i want to try and keep my web design skills relevant and fresh as i do not do this much at work anymore.

So, by about the end of next year the deblogification process should be completed. Until then updates will continue on the blogs though the website is where the real action is.