Wednesday 11 December 2019

Review of 2019 : April

As Spring arrives so does the opportunities for adventures and venues open up again after the Winter. April was a busy month which started with a visit to the Chinnor & Princes Risborough Railway for their diesel gala. I was also able to have a look around Chinnor itself this time. I returned to Hatton and explored more of the village (in the past I have only walked the canal and stayed at the railway station). Naturally there was time for a canal walk in Hatton too!

The main event in April was my third trip to Surrey, it has become a bit of a tradition and will likely be repeated again in 2020. I travelled around the county, also walking the Basingstoke Canal in Ash and the Wey Navigation in Guildford. A highlight was the FAST air museum in Farnborough. There was also time to visit some stations in Berkshire.

I also headed to the Marston Vale Line in Buckinghamshire / Bedfordshire to see the new Class 230, I visited Ridgmont and Kempston Hardwick.

On the BGLR there was some new rolling stock. A flat trailer for hauling HO scale wagons and a railcar.

Song of the month was "together" by High Desert.