Tuesday 24 December 2019

Review of 2019 : October

October is when we feel Autumn is here, and also when i celebrate my birthday! I visited the SVR again, for it's Autumn Diesel Gala in early October and the Engine House in Highley. I also had time to visit the pretty village of Upper Arley. I returned to Loughborough and this time fully explored the Great Central Railway visiting every station on the preserved line.

Mid-month saw a visit to Manchester, including the Ashton Canal and the railways and trams of the city. I also went to Leicester to see the tomb of King Richard. The end of October saw the start of an extended spell of wet weather but i did manage to visit Derby station.

BGLR highlight of the month was the arrival of the third (and maybe final) coach for the heritage train. I also managed to get around to doing some ballasting!

Song of the month was "the hanging gardens (Ice Choir remix)" by Pinkshinyultrablast.