Sunday 17 January 2021

Hi Fella memories

A few weeks ago I began a long term project to clear my Mum's loft out of all the junk that has accumulated up there over the last few decades. There is a lot of stuff up there, much of it I am unclear as to why including dozens of computer magazines from the early 1990s! One thing I did find up there was a children's book my Mum bought me when i was a child many years ago. I did not throw this away.

"Hi Fella" by Eza Zistel is the story of a puppy who gets lost when the box he is being transported in falls over the side of a truck. He has to learn how to survive, at first with a raccoon and then a cat, until he can find his way home. Wherever or whatever that is. It is a delightful story and I am glad it was dumped up in the loft along with everything else instead of being thrown away. Sometimes hoarding is good.