Tuesday 5 December 2017

Review of 2017 : March

March can honestly be described as a massive month. It started normal enough with trips to Stafford and also along the Snow Hill lines. That was followed by my first trip to the Severn Valley Railway of the year to attend the Spring steam gala.

Then at the end of the month a 3 day trip to Guildford. I used the town as my base to visit Woking, taking in the Basingstoke Canal and the Mid-Hants Railway down in Alton. There was also a walk along the Wey Navigation in Guildford. Interestingly my trip down to Guildford was via Reading but back via London so took in some interesting railways. I really enjoyed my trip down to Guildford and hope to return soon, maybe in 2018.

If all that wasn't enough i also built the board for my new HO9 scale model railway (the paint was left to dry while i was off down in Surrey!)

Song of the month was "girlfriend" by Trevor Something.
Class 455 at Guildford

Wey Navigation, Guildford

Woking signalbox

Ropley, Hampshire

Basingstoke Canal, Woking